Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Juiced!















































































Well, Sunday Broom and I headed over to Berkley to do a few thing's out at his house for the day. So we 
headed out of Sf pretty dam early. On the way there I desited that I just had to have a juicer. My old 
roommate had one and it was about time I got one of my own. Rather than go buy one from Bed Bath and
Beyond I hit up Cragslist.
There it was $45 bucks and there was a phone number ta boot. So I call up the number and it
is a older man, he seemed really excited to get rid of this thing so I shot right over to South SF to meet up.
So we drive all the way there and role up on the Oyster Point Marina I think was the name. The only thing 
that he told me on the phone was make sure you go to gate 13, he said it about 3 times. So we get there 
and give him a call.
Now keep in mind that on in this marina there is no less than 300 boats most of them were 30-50 foot yachts 
that are super nice. So this old crusty guy named Lee comes you of the gate to get us. Then takes us down 
to the dock's to go to his slip. It turns out that Lee's been there for 10 years straight in the same slip living
on the boat with his wife. He was a great guy funny as hell and just seemed to be hyped on life. Well back to 
his boat, so I am thinking that he is going to have some epic spread out there. Well I don't know if you
saw the movie Caption Ron but it was kinda like that. I mean I am sure that his boat has seen many days of
glory , but man it was not today. I was surprised to see that the boat still floated, the thing was a heap. It
was a old sail boat , and unlike most of the other boats there it looked like it had some miles on it.
We talked for a little while and I got my juicer and we were on our way. When he was walking us out it was
funny youcould almost see the scorn on the faces of the yuppies that have since moved into the marina. They
were probaly stressed because his boat was bringing down the property value of there sacred marina. 

Shit I almost want to go back and here some stories about the good ol days' form him. Thanks Lee!
.





No comments:

Post a Comment